RE: Antivirus

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:32:29 -0400

Generally it is good practice to have all the AV and anti-spam controlled at
the point of entry to your system, using a client AV package assumes it has
already made it into the Store.

So the bottom line is, they really do the same thing but its easier to
manage a central mail scan policy as opposed to having each client manage
their mail scan.

Just my .2c

Mark Fugatt
MCT, MCSE, Microsoft Exchange MVP