RE: Antivirus

  • From: "Edwards, Dan" <Daniel.Edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 08:39:21 -0500

Thanks everyone for your input.  What we're actually doing is installing
Ciphertrust's IronMail.  I don't have much documentation on it yet but it is
supposed to be able to integrate one of the following antivirus technologies --
Sophos, McAfee, Norton, and TrendMicro.  When I posted my question, I only knew
that we could choose between Sophos and McAfee.  I found out about the latter
two from a PCMag review.
This would be for our first line of defense.  We don't use Exchange to
communicate with foreign SMTP servers (Internet) but we do incorporate Trend's
ScanMail for E2K.
I haven't used McAfee in 7 years and Sophos is a complete unknown for me.  So,
your thoughts are welcome!
So, if this is too far off the beaten path, I understand.  IronMail isn't
Exchange-related but it should help keep a ton of spam out of my Exchange