RE: Antivirus

  • From: "Cresswell, Charles" <charlesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 09:55:55 +0100

I have been using McAffee GroupShield for a long time, both on 5.5 and
2000, and it has always worked very well. The EX2000 version has a nice
MMC snap-in that makes it very easy to configure.

One problem I have found though is its compatibility with anti-spam
software for EX2000. GFI support have confirmed to me that it is not
compatible with MailEssentials, and another anti-spam product I looked
at was not listing GS as compatible. As far as I can see McAfee do not
have an anti-spam product for EX2000 in their product range currently.

Obviously you are only looking at exchange plug-ins and not windows
server AV products? As you cannot run the latter on an exchange server.

regards
charles