Am I safe with a full Information Store backup/

  • From: "Javier Sola" <jsola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 08:14:14 -0700

Hey guys,

I have been doing research these last few days, and while trying to setup
my backups i have succeeded in doing a full backup nightly of my
Information Store containing my first storage group. Is this sufficient to
backup? or do i still have to do individual mailboxes/public folders? in
case of a disaster can i use the information store backup to bring
exchange backup and possibly extract individual mailboxes? My
understanding of backing up the information store is that it is an "image"
of the databases... can someone help to clarify?