RE:Alias names

  • From: Mike Meenan <mmeenan@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 07:55:17 -0500

In 5.5 you can add a 2nd domain to your IMS Connector.  Add the new domain
to the Internet Mail/Email domain tab.  Also, add it to your Routing tab as
inbound.

If you are using a virus scanner on your SMTP box you might want to double
check to see if it can handle more than one domain.  A few years ago some of
the virus scanners stopped checking email after making this change.

You will also want to set the users primary SMTP email to the new domain.
Later you can remove the "old" domain and all related emails.

Hope that helps.
MM

From: "Uma kumar" <kumar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 11:26:25 +0530

Hi Admins,

I need a small help ...

I have exchage server 5.5 SP4,  now we have mail id say uname@xxxxxxxxxxxx ,
shortly we are going to change our copanies name, for that we have
registered a site say www.example2.com now  it is pointing to
http://www.example1.com .

We need to chage our Email Id also respectively but some time the mails
comming to example1.com and example2.com also should work, I have plan to do
aliasing but I don't have clear idea but we did the same in qmail on linux..

please sugest me the best way ...

Thanks in advance

Uk

Subject: Re: Alias names
From: "Eric Lanyon" <elanyon@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 22:28:01 -0800

dunno about 5.5, but in E2K its quite easy to do in the System Manager.

http://www.MSExchange.org/=20

,
shortly we are going to change our copanies name, for that we have
registered a site say www.example2.com now  it is pointing to
http://www.example1.com .

We need to chage our Email Id also respectively but some time the mails
comming to example1.com and example2.com also should work, I have plan to =
do
aliasing but I don't have clear idea but we did the same in qmail on =
linux..

please sugest me the best way ...

Thanks in advance

Uk