RE: Alias instead of creating another mailbox

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 11:00:57 -0400

From: Hermano JS. Queiroz [mailto:hjsqueiroz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2004 10:50 AM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Alias instead of creating another mailbox

Hi All,

        I'm wondering if is there anyway to create alias instead of
mailbox to forward messages directly to someone. Any thoughts?
        Example: A student wants to send a message to admissions.
Admissions is an e-mail address, but isn't going to be storage, I want
to send directly to the counselor of admissions. I have this today as
e-mail box redirecting from admissions account to the counselor, but I
want to save an e-mail box.
        And the problem is also that I'm getting messages everyday like
this one:
     Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store
(CU45310)" -
     Windows 2000 account NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM;
        mailbox /o=campbellsville/ou=First Administrative
     Error: -2147221231

Hermano Queiroz <mailto:hjsqueiroz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Coordinator of Network Services
Phone:(270) 789-5202