[ExchangeList] Alerts to users

  • From: David Sierra Fernández <SieFerDa@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 18:34:36 +0200

Hi all,

We are planning to reduce the size of the mails in our exchange 2007 organization. Meanwhile, we would like to inform to those users that now send mails bigger than the limit we are going to fix. For example, if now the limit is 20 Mb and the new limit would be 10Mb, we want that if a user send a mail of 15Mb the mail flows without problem but the sender receives a message that the mail was very big.

Is this possible? I tried with transport rules but I didn’t see the way. I only could leave an event in event log but without knowing data of the mail (sender, receiver, subject, size….). This transport rule is a bit useless for us.

It could be also interesting for similar purposes: inform that the mail sent had a lot of receivers, inform that you are sending email to a domain that is being monitorized…..etc

Thanks!

David Sierra

Messaging Administrator

JCYL (Spain)