[ExchangeList] Re: Admin Group Doesn't Show Up In ESM

  • From: "Rahul Kochhar" <kochharrahul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 02:29:33 +0530

Hi,

Can you see the administrative group from ADSIEdit tool in

CN= Configuration
CN= Services
CN= Microsoft Exchange
CN= <Exchange Org Name>
CN= Administrative Group
CN= <Problem Admin Group>

If Yes, then try indtalling only the the Exchange Admin Tool with the latest SP3 + Roll-up patch on a workstation thats part of your AD Domain.

I did see a simlar problem with RIM Blackberry Console... Do you have one?

Can the users in the Admin Grp access their emails fine ?

Sounds much like permissions issue to me.

If its the case of permission, you can reset the permissions to default on the CN=Admin Group using DSACLS utility.[Warning!!! be cautious using DSACLS]

Thanks

On 5/3/06, John B <brookboyz1403@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.msexchange.org

I'm having an issue in ESM (Exchange 2k) where I grant
a user "Exchange Full Administrator" permissions to
their site but when the user opens up the ESM it
doesn't appear.  Am I missing something here?

TIA,

John B.