[ExchangeList] Re: Additional Exchange 2003 Server

  • From: Simon Butler <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 23:42:32 +0000

Primary reasons for this.

1.       AV blocking local SMTP traffic. McAfee is notorious for this.

2.       Smart host on the SMTP virtual server, rather than on an SMTP Connector.

3.       Something else blocking SMTP traffic.

Verify that the servers can see each other on port 25 by IP address, netbios and FQDN.
If they are not in the same routing group (there is only one by default and you have to move them so it isn’t something that happens by accident) then create a routing group connector.

Simon Butler
MVP: Exchange, MCSE
Sembee Ltd.

e: simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx
w: http://www.sembee.co.uk/
w: http://www.amset.info/

w: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/

Need cheap certificates for Exchange, compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0?
http://CertificatesForExchange.com/ for certificates from just $23.99.
Need a domain for your certificate? http://DomainsForExchange.net/

Exchange Resources: http://exbpa.com/