Adding another SMTP Relay

  • From: Dêniz Feital (Chiptek) <dfeital@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:31:26 -0300

        Hello there.

        I have two Internet Mail Connector in my organization and I have
only one smtp relay server in my DMZ.

        I want to put one more smtp relay server and I want to setup if one
smtp relay server is down the other one will do all the job.

        Is that possible? I ask this because when I configure my IMC
(Exchange Admin, Connections, Internet Mail Service, Connections, Forward
all messages to host) I put the smtp relay's ip address. What can I do to
automatically distribute the outgoing messages using two smtp relay servers?

        Is there a way to solve this problem? I am affraid if I put dns
instead of ip address at the imc connector, it will not use smtp realy, it
will try to send the message by itself.

        Thanks All