[ExchangeList] Re: Adding additional exchange 2007 server

  • From: Jason Sherry <Jason.Sherry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:15:42 -0600

You can delegate the install of an E2k7 server.  The person doing the delegation needs to have Exchange Organization Administrator rights.  The person installing the 2nd E2k7 will need local admin rights and I think the provision server switch will tell setup to grant them the AD rights needed to do the install.  I haven’t used this command yet so don’t know for sure though.

Run the following command to delegate the install of an E2k7 server:

Setup.com /NewProvisionedServer:<New server> /ServerAdmin <domain>\<user doing the install>

See: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb201741.aspx for more info, it goes over delegating the install of a new E2k7 server.

Not sure if having E2k3 requires any additional permissions or not when doing a delegated install.