Adding a 5.5 Server to an existing Organization and Site

  • From: "heather" <hathaway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 07:09:03 -0600

Please send any and all suggestions.  We are attempting to add an
additional Exchange 5.5 to an existing Exchange 5.5 Organization and Site.
 During install we are able to join the existing site and the information
appears to be correct.  However during final phase of the install on the
new server we always receive an error that directory replication was not
successfull.  Stop and restart Directory Services and try the install
again.  Both servers have NT 4.0 SP6a, the existing Exchange 5.5 server
has sp4.  Please help.........extremely ignorant and frustrated!!  Thanks
so much in advanced!