[ExchangeList] ActiveSync error 0x80072f0d The Certificate on the server is invalid.

  • From: "Mark Morgan" <MMorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:48:37 -0700

http://www.msexchange.org

Hello,

I have a small problem, I have been using self signed certificate for active
sync for a year now. My cert expired last week and after regenerating a new
certificate I receive and error through wm5 (HTC Wizard)  0x80072f0d. I have
exported the cert in pfx to my ISA and setup to publish from the internet and
exported the cert to a DER .CER to my WM5 device and installed the cert. OMA
and OWA works fine through a web browser but active sync states that the server
cert is invalid when syncing over the air or from the cradle on a PC. Has
anyone had a similar experience it almost seems as if the entire cert chain is
not exporting to the WM5 device.

Mark