RE: ActiveSync Problems

  • From: "Mustafa Cicek" <mbcicek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 03:44:01 -0600

Hi Michael,
thanks for your response. We deployed Hosted Exchange based on Microsoft
Provisioning System 3.0 (or HMC 3.0). The Services such as RPC over HTTPS,
IMAP4, POP3, Pulic Folder, OWA work well, except ActiveSync for mobile
users.
Our network design is that:
Internet > ExternalFirewall > ISA Server > InternalFirewall > Hosted
Exchange and AD Server.

Here are the detallied infos about our Exchange network:
1) AD01: First DC in AD, Windows 2003 Standard Edition
2) AD02: Second DC in AD,  Windows 2003 Standard Edition
3) FE01: Front-end Exchange, Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition + SP1,
Windows 2003 Standard Edition. It is also RPC Proxy (for RPC over HTTP
service).
4) BE01: Back-end Exchange, Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition + SP1,
Windows 2003 Standard Edition. It is also mailbox server, public folder
server, OAB server.
5) MPS01: Provisioning Sywstem, Windows 2003 Standard Edition, SQL 2000
Enterprise + SP3a, HMC 3.0.
6) ISA01: ISA Server 2004, Windows 2003 Standard Edition.

IIS Default Web Site und Virtual directories:
1) on front-end Exchange have following "Directory Security" settings:
Default Web Site\Exchange: Basic Authentication (Default Domain: \)
Default Web Site\Microsoft-Exchange-ActiveSync: Basic Authentication
(Default Domain: HOSTIX)
Default Web Site\OMA: Basic Authentication (Default Domain: \)
Default Web Site\Rpc: Basic Authentication (Default Domain: \)

2) on front-end Exchange have following "Directory Security" settings:
Default Web Site\Exchange: Integrated Windows and Basic Authentication
(Default Domain: \)
Default Web Site\Microsoft-Exchange-ActiveSync: Integrated Windows and
Basic Authentication (Default Domain: HOSTIX)
Default Web Site\OMA: Integrated Windows and Basic Authentication (Default
Domain: \)
Domain: \)

If you need other information,please write me.

Best Regards
Cicek