Active Sync for XDA

  • From: "Mark Dewell" <M.Dewell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 12:29:02 +0100

Apologies if this is not quite the right forum for this, but......

We have 4 Exchange 2003 servers, 3 back end and 1 front end.

A user with a mailbox on one server can sync and view messages in their
inbox, calendar etc, connecting via the front end server using their XDA.

The same XDA device can connect to a mailbox on either of the other 2 backend
servers, again via the same front end server, but can not view messages in
their inbox etc. What makes it puzzling is that the XDA appears to go through
the sync process, even to the extent that it shows the correct number of
items being downloaded. But when viewed on the XDA the inbox appears empty.

I have not been able to identify any differences in configuration between the
back end servers (using IIS Manager to look at OMA and Microsoft-Active-Sync
settings). There don't seem to be any relevant server specific settings in
Exchange System Manager.

Since the same XDA and front end server are involved in both cases, I am
assuming that they must be configured correctly. Authentication settings must
be correct or the XDA would not be able to show the correct number of items
to download.

We have also tried another XDA device with the same results.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?
Is there anything else I should be looking at?

---<  Mark Dewell, University of East London, Dagenham, Essex, UK  >---
---<  Email        : M.Dewell@xxxxxxxxx                            >---
---<  URL          : http://homepages.uel.ac.uk/1278               >---

< Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty (Anne Herbert) >