Account must be valid before continuing install msg on Exchange 2000

  • From: "Rich Tibbets" <rtibbets@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 13:42:45 -0600

I get this error ?account must be valid before continuing? when trying to
install Exchange 2000 and have it join in a Exchange 5.5 org.

Setup:
Windows 2000 DC SP4 latest critical updates applied
DNS setup and functioning fine
ADC connector installed from Exchange SP3
2way trust established with NT Domain
Exchange user account with Schema Domain Admin created
W2K Exchange account given rights to Exchange 5.5 ORG, site, and config
containers

NT Domain SP6a
Exchange 5.5 SP4

I installed the ADC from the Exchange SP3 folder with no errors upon
completion. I provide the exchange 5.5 user account with admin rights
I Ran the Forest Prep and Domain prep with no errors noted. The active
directory populated itself with disabled accounts from the Exchange 5.5
directory.
When running setup it asks for exchange server to use, once you add this
another box appears with the Exchange admin account grayed out.  Once you
supply the password a dialog box with the ?This account must be valid
before continuing?

I researched and found many references to Q297921
I ran the forest prep update and domain prep updates, with no luck.  I
created a user account with the same name and password as suggested but
this also failed to correct the issues
Any suggestions would be appreciated?.

Rich Tibbets,
Network Administrator