Accessing a specific message causes Outlook to hang, Outlook Express unable to retrieve

  • From: "Steve" <skk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 15:46:29 -0600

I have a user who's Outlook 2000 hangs when she tries to access a specific
message. Switching between computers & creating new profiles doesn't
alleviate the situation. I tried Outlook Express. It comes back with an
error stating:
---
The requested message could not be converted to an RFC-822 compatible
format. Please contact your system administrator

Configuration:
Account: server.domain.com
server: server.domain.com
User name: username
Protocol: imap
Port: 143
Secure(SSL): 0
Code: 800cccd2
---

The event log has errors matching the following:
--
Source=MSExchange IMAP4
Category=Client Action

The server is NT4, SP6a. Exchange is 5.5 with SP4

your help is much appreciated,

thanks,
Steve