RE: Accessing Mailboxes

  • From: "Anthony Kariuki" <a.kariuki@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 17:27:24 +0300

This might be of help (or might not). It has nothing to do with the client
he is using but with permissions on the Exchange server. In fact if you run
a quick and dirty test, you may discover you also have access to other
peoples mailboxes.

During routine adminstration of exchange, if you make a mistake of directly
altering permissions of the a mailboxes at the mailbox store level by
clearing "deny send as"  to allow access by EVEN the administrator,
Exchange2k may reset permissions to allow unrestricted access to all
mailboxes by all users on the network. If I am right on this (I cannot
confirm for you from where i am situated yet I want to contribute), you will
need to reset permission to how they are suppoesed to be Deny send as for
all mailboxes at exchange level. Use Delegate control to giveadmin
permissions to others instead and use ADC to delegate mailboxes amopngs
colleugues instead