RE: Accessing Global Address list

  • From: "Lomker, Michael" <mlomker@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:43:57 -0500

 > My Exchange 2k server has been relocated, leaving my Outlook 2000 users to
 > POP to access their mails. Everything
>  works great, except that their"Contact"  folders and the "Global Address
> list" are empty. What do I need to do to se
>   the content of  Contact and GAL?

If you are talking about a Contact list in a public folder then you may be out
of luck.  They'll have to use Outlook Web Access to see it.  You can re-enable
access to the GAL (partially) by installing the LDAP service withing Outlook
and connecting it to your Exchange Server.  It isn't easy to set up (if you
aren't familiar with LDAP) and it doesn't work as well as having Outlook
connected in corporate mode.

Many things will NOT work in corporate mode...like shared calendaring, for
instance.  I hope you considered the implications of switching to POP before
you did so.  I use POP for some remote clients but anyone with a WAN/VPN
connection of adequate speed will want to be connected via corporate mode.