RE: Accepting email from another domain name?

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 23:18:45 -0500

Work through this Jared:

Mark Fugatt
MCSE, MCT, Microsoft Exchange MVP
Pentech Office Solutions Inc
Rochester, NY
Tel: 585 586 3890
Cell: 585 576 4750

-----Original Message-----
From: Jared Johnson [mailto:jaredsjazz@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 10:13 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Accepting email from another domain name?

I have a odd problem:

I have my domain, I run an Exchange 2000 server for it. Plus, we
just bought another domain name, How can I enable users to
receive email in my domain from the domain? I've
created secondary smtp addresses (alias) with the and I've
pointed the MX record of domain to my domain. However,
email still bounces when sending to anyone with the secondary
smtp email address. It says "unable to relay."

I know this has to be pretty simple. Like just allowing the to
relay email or something, but I'm not sure how to do this.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thank you in advance! Jared

List Archives: