Accepting email from another domain name?

  • From: "Jared Johnson" <jaredsjazz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 22:13:11 -0500

Hello

I have a odd problem:

I have my domain, market.com. I run an Exchange 2000 server for it. Plus, we
just bought another domain name, sales2.com. How can I enable users to
receive email in my market.com domain from the sales2.com domain? I've
created secondary smtp addresses (alias) with the sales2.com and I've
pointed the MX record of sales2.com domain to my market.com domain. However,
email still bounces when sending to anyone with the sales2.com secondary
smtp email address. It says "unable to relay."

I know this has to be pretty simple. Like just allowing the sales2.com to
relay email or something, but I'm not sure how to do this.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thank you in advance! Jared