RE: About Maintenance

  • From: "Jeffrey Robillard" <jrobill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:39:16 -0400

if you run this utility.. be prepared for it to take hours.   I dont
know how big your edb is currently but when we had exchange 5  it took 2
hours on the fastest machine we had in the building at the time (1ghz
p3) to chunk our edp from 10gb to 4gb.   The first time I ran the
utility I did it on the actual exchange server (which was at the time a
Pentium Pro 200) and it took 6 hours.

so not only do you need lots of free space... but you need lots of free
time.