AW: RE: E2k 16GB Limit problem. solved ??

  • From: "Zentarra, Marco" <marco.zentarra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:47:01 +0100

Hi

we had the same problem some month ago. everybody told me that stuff
with the offline defrag and so,but it didnt work correctly (as in your
case). my guess is,that the DB is too big (at the end of its 16GB limit)
to clean itself. so we set up a new exchangeserver, moved the mailboxes
into it, deleted the mailstore in our old exchangeserver, build a new
mailstore and moved all mailboxes right into it back. from that moment
our exchangeserver works really fine, and the DB-size does not increase
as it did before!

hope it would help you

Marco