RE: AOL, Yahoo and other servers do not respond to connection attempt

  • From: "Chris Wall" <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:44:39 -0500

From your server, can you perform an NSLookup in dos and identify the
organizations (yahoo, aol, etc) MX records?

Once you do this, try to initiate an SMTP session in Dos (still on your
mail server) and manually send an e-mail through dos.  If you can do
that fine, then your firewall definitely is not the issue.

Are you on any Black Lists?

DNSStuff.Com is a great utility for testing your domain, finding
blacklist info and so forth.

Let us know the results of the SMTP mail delivery through dos on the
mail server.