AOL, Yahoo and other servers do not respond to connection attempt

  • From: "Jan Mt Pleasant" <mtpleasantj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 09:59:07 -0700

Since upgrading our mail server to Win2k3 and Exchange 2k3 (enterprise)
over the holidays, we have been unable to send mail to certain domains,
including AOL, Yahoo and others.  The messages just sit in the queues and
then time out.  We're behind a pix firewall.  I've checked the message
boards and made sure that our IP has entered PTR and A records for us, but
that doesn't seem to have helped.  Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Jan Mt. Pleasant