ADSL Connection

  • From: "david" <apba08@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 22:02:28 +0100

Dear all,

If this is off-topic "Sorry!" and please would one of you kind people go off
line and give me a few pointers.

I have just changed my ISP and moved from ISDN to ADSL. The new ISP assured
me he would guide me through the changeover and had all the necessary
expertise in his organisation. Except that the technical department "don't
know anything about MS exchange"!! :-(

SO I have a single domain network with NT4 Sp6a and Exchange Server 5.5 SP3.
The IP address of the exchange server is 192.168.100.2. I have been given a
list of 4 static IP addresses from the ISP

Broadcast address 213.237.197.31
Gateway address   213.237.197.30
Firewall          213.237.197.29
Network           213.237.197.28

He will provide an SMTP feed to (I think) the gateway address.

I have a vigor 2600 series router configured with an IP address of
192.168.100.1.

What do I need to do to make the 192.168.100.2 link to the gateway address?
DO I need to configure each PC to add the WINS and DNS IP addresses of the
ISP (like I had to do for ISDN)?

All guidance will be gratefully received.

As an aside I do find it difficult to find reference material that covers
the interfaces like this particular one.

Regards

David Stevens