Re: AD and GAL refresh

  • From: Dan HINCKLEY <dah@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:50:12 +0100

Exchagne System Administrator/Recipients/Recipient Update Service - right-click each one and choose update now, NOT re-build

At 11:31 12/23/2004, you wrote:

http://www.MSExchange.org/
How long does it take for a change in AD to be reflected in the GAL?

Here's my situation: I'm doing an exmerge on a few user accounts of people who have left. Been having a few problems with permissions and the accounts being disabled etc but I'm just about round that. however, there's a few accounts that were hidden from the global address list so wouldn't exmerge. after ticking the relevant box(es) to get them back on the address list I'm wondering how long I have to wait until they're available to me.

any ideas?

Regards <mailto:t.sutton@xxxxxxxxxx>Tim Sutton IT Systems Manager

Troup Bywaters & Anders
Eastgate House
10 Eastgate
LEEDS LS2 7JL
Tel: 01132432241
Fax: 01132424024
E-mail: <mailto:t.sutton@xxxxxxxxxx>t.sutton@xxxxxxxxxx

Privilege and Confidentiality Notice
This email and any attachments to it are intended only for the party to
whom they are addressed. They may contain privileged and/or
confidential information. If you have received this transmission in
error. please notify the sender immediately and delete any digital
copies and destroy any paper copies. Thank you.

Groupshield 6.0 - Troup Bywaters & Anders