RE: AD and Exchange on same box

  • From: "Mark Fugatt" <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 00:00:17 -0400

Tony

Like you said it is not a very nice way of doing things, but thats life :-)

The biggest issue you are going to encounter is the fact that the Exchange
5.5 Directory Service (LDAP) uses the same port as Active Directory port 389
so if you want to run Exchange 5.5 on a Windows 2000 Domain Controller you
will need to change the port number used by Exchange 5.5, here is a link
that should help you out:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q224447

Hope this helps
Mark Fugatt