AD Setting question and OWA

  • From: "KEN MORRIS" <Ken.Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:01:57 -0400

Hi all,
When you set up an account in AD, for a standard user, under the "User
Properties"  Account and the User logon area, you are given a drop down of
domains to log onto. How can I get another domain in the drop down?
We run W2K servers in native mode, with an Exchange 2000 (standard) and 2003
Advanced server.
We run a single label domain internally. (company.)
We have an outside domain (
as well as hosting another company (
We have just started the implantation of the Exchange 2003 server with the
end result being the removal of the E2K server.
The problem that I have been given  to solve is the logon to the OWA. At the
current time when we go to log on to OWA on the Exchange 2003 server, we have
to log on with username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx which works fine for our domain.
However when the users from the want to log on, they have to log
on with username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx . Not username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx . The quest I
have been given is to find a way to allow the company1 users to logon with
username@xxxxxxxxxxx  within our current software/domain structure.