AD + Exchange 2003 EE - System Error

  • From: "Gene Sibbs" <gensib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 13:13:59 +0200

lsass.exe - System Error : Security Accounts Manager initialization failed
because of the following error: Directory Service cannot start. Error
Directory Services Restore Mode, check the event log for more detailed

The above msg is coming from the PDC, and as such I am unable to open emails
via Outlook.

How I fix the above-mentioned problem. The Secondary Domain Controller is
still functional.

Messenger just got even better - download 7.0 today!