[ExchangeList] Re: A user wants to have a Pop3 account in SBS2003 Exchange

  • From: "Carl Houseman" <c.houseman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 18:43:18 -0500

OBTW, since you said "a user" wants to have a POP3 mailbox...

I assumed since you were talking about the POP3 connector you knew that it
was designed to work with an external POP3 mailbox which is the primary
E-mail address associated with the Exchange mailbox.  It is not for a user
who uses an Exchange mailbox that has its own E-mail address, and *also*
wants to retrieve POP3 mail from an external mailbox.

To access the Exchange mail account and an external POP3 account at the same
time, you use one profile with additional mail accounts.  Both Exchange mail
and external mail will be stored in the same Inbox.

If separate Inbox storage is needed, then you will need two profiles, but
you are still not using the POP3 connector.  The secondary profile has no
Exchange account, just an SMTP/POP account, and delivers to a .PST file.