[ExchangeList] Re: A user wants to have a Pop3 account in SBS2003 Exchange

  • From: "Carl Houseman" <c.houseman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 18:30:51 -0500

No.  The POP3 connection downloads mail from the POP3 mailbox and stores it
in the Exchange mailbox.  All they need is one Outlook profile that accesses
at the Exchange mailbox.

The trick I had to learn is that the POP3 connector requires that the POP3
domain be part of the default recipient policy.  And the user's POP3 address
must be "set as primary" on the E-Mail Addresses in ADU&C.

If you make a separate recipient policy for the POP3 domain the POP3
connector doesn't work.