[ExchangeList] Re: A little off topic, but possibly intersting for Exchange admins

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 15:57:10 -0500

Parlano and OCS 2007.

Michael B. Smith

MCSE/Exchange MVP

From: exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Wall
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 3:42 PM
To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ExchangeList] A little off topic, but possibly intersting for
Exchange admins

all - sorry if this is a bit off topic for 'Exchange' but we all are
Electronic Communications people, and I am hoping that some of you may be
able to help me out.

I have been forced to find an internal IM solution for our employees and
also a Web based Chat solution for our customers when they visit our
website.  I am hoping to find one solution for both.  Now I know the popular
solutions (MSOC, SameTime, etc..)  but I am looking for other solutions that
some of you may have implemented or used and would recommend.

We have been trying to get an IM solution in house for a while, and now that
Sales is all hot and heavy for a web based chat solution for internet
customers, I am hoping to get the internal solution on the same project.
Thanks for your time.

Chris Wall - MCSE + Messaging

Sr. Exchange Administrator

 <mailto:Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx