RE: A fun question for a change

  • From: <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 14:57:41 -0000

Hi Greg

Silly question. If you are upgrading from NT and do not have AD already why
would you want to install a 2000 AD structure as opposed to 2003 one? I am
assuming from your description that all your present Domain Controllers are
NT and that therefore all your 2K servers are just member servers. Feel free
to correct me if I mistaken.

To get the best out of Exchange 2003 you would be better off with Windows
2003 and hence a 2003 AD infrastructure.

Regards,

Paul Lemonidis.