[exchangelist]A TCP/IP error occured while trying to send data to the server

  • From: "Cephas Agbozo" <cagbozo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 09:17:11 -0000

Dear all,

I  am having problem with users accessing our exchange server from our
branch offices for the past two weeks. People on the forum have had a
similar problem but I tried to apply some of your suggestions and mine is
still not working.

The problem started on the first day we installed the SP1 and run the SCW.
(All servers are win server 2003 and exchange server 2003 in a domain).

About 300 staff at the head office (where the servers are) could access
their mails, browse the internet - no problem

But at the branch offices:( about 5 branches - 200 staff):
they can check and reply their mails with OWA, browse the internet, access
all other applications but cannot receive mails with their outlook and
outlook express.They can only send.

this is the error when they do send/receive:
A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to send data to the server. (Account:
xxxxx', POP3 Server:'xxxx', Error Number:0x800ccc13).

Please your help.

Cephas.