RE: A Litle Advice Needed

  • From: "John Fergusson" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 21:32:30 -0500

So long as the reverse dns matches the server name it realy does not matter.
And that only matters if it is sending out bound as well.   We use short names
to avoid phoneticly spelling out longer names to users over the phone.

That being said a random string of characters for a name may well increase the
chances of mail being tagged as spam.

John