A Litle Advice Needed

  • From: "Rich Gallo" <RGallo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 10:16:12 -0500

Hello All!

Does anyone think it is a good idea (or best practice for that matter)
to have your outside (DMZ) spam filter SMTP server have a name on the MX
record that doesn't allude to what it actually does.  For example, let's
say I name the server SPAMFILTER and set my MX records accordingly, is
that a bad idea?  Does it really make a difference, as the type of DNS
record it is tells people what the server is anyway?  What are your
thoughts?  What do you do for your organization?  Does anyone from
Microsoft have any best practices on this?

Thanks!!

Rich