[ExchangeList] Re: 88.blacklist.zap - Anyone know where this blacklist is?

  • From: "Simon Butler" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 21:18:03 +0100

I contributed to that thread on Experts Exchange, and have been
attempting to find out what I can about this blacklist.

This blacklist.zap appears to be something very new, it has only started
to come up in the last week or so. It has taken a little while to find
out who the source was. Fortunately someone managed to discover its
likely source despite nothing official anywhere else on the internet.

It would appear to be internal blacklist from Frontbridge/Microsoft
Exchange Hosted Services, although the exact process to get off the list
is currently unclear. There is nothing on the Frontbridge web site about
using blacklists, or what criteria or source they are using for the
blacklist. At the moment people are having to call their support to get
off the list. If that continues then I wouldn't be surprised if
something is posted somewhere to get the load of the support lines.

I am trying to find out more so that I can update the question on that
site.

As for the accuracy of the information on EE, it does vary on its topic
areas. However the Exchange server topic area is frequented by at least
three Exchange MVPs, and four or five people who work for Microsoft
support in the US.
The site isn't dedicated to Exchange, it covers a large number of IT
topic areas, but in the Exchange server topic area we have a very high
success rate.

However, it does depend on what you are looking for. If you want howto
type guides then it is not for you, and you would be better of looking
at msexchange.org, microsoft.com etc. However if you have a very
specific issue then it can prove to a good resource.

Simon

--
Simon Butler
MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MVP:Exchange