552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation

  • From: Troy Griffiths <tgriffiths@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 14:34:27 +1300

Hi all,

We receive mass email from our Group Head Office periodically with news and
job advertisements etc ... For some reason around 1/2 doz mail boxes (always
the same mail boxes) reject the mail and send the 'Exceeded storage" message
back to the sender.

There are two distribution lists making up the recipients list in the email,
possibly with around 1000 email addresses.

Could this be an oversize header rejecting on these mail boxes? And if so,
why is this only happening to a certain few? They're well within their mail
box limit.
We're running Exch 5.5 SP4

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Thanks in advance.

The information in this electronic mail message together with any
attachments is confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee.
Access to this Internet electronic mail message by anyone else is
unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Linfox accepts no responsibility for any effects this email message or
attachments has on the recipient network or computer system.