5.5 Upgrade to exch2k3

  • From: "Sinton, Gary" <gary@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 16:21:46 -0600

I'm trying to get started in a test network of three servers (Exchange 5.5,
a PDC/GC, and a Windows 2003 server that'll run exchange 2003) that
duplicates our working environment. But the deployment tools DSCONFIGSUM,
EXDEPLOY, and GCVERCHECK give me this message:
"Warning: Either you do not have permission to view hidden objects in the
Exchange 5.5 directory, or the directory is not Exchangew 5.5 SP1 or later."

I have rerun the SP3 update on the Exchange 5.5 server; spent a day
whittling everything unusual out of Public Folders. Later, I gradually added
the Exchange account id to every permission group in AD, and explicitly
added the Exchange account to every ORG | Site| Configuration parameter on
the 5.5 server trying to get past the error. Exchange 2003 hasn't been out
long enough for a discussion of the message to appear throughout the
Internet. Does anyone recognise this problem?