RE: 2003 Public folder client permissions & pr opag ation

  • From: "Brian Parker" <bparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:00:14 -0000

Hi Danny

Not so sure we ever got this to work now I think of it, but the only
place you could apply these rights to the account from other domain is,
ESM, PF, Ctrl + click client permissions - add permission in there. Even
then I am still not sure that this would work but this is what we do :-

Logon using account from other domain (trusted). Create account on AD
domain with same username/password, then pass through seems to work OK
for some things. I don't believe we managed to get PF permissions to
work, but we did manage to get delegations to work by using a method
similar to above (give explicit rights to the trusted account in AD). An
absolute bummer is that you cannot get ESM to work even using runas, as
this relies on machine account being present in the forest (or so I

Apologies for misleading you, but if anyone knows how to get this to
work, please tell.

Brian Parker
Senior Computing Officer