RE: 2 questions

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 00:29:20 -0700

What are the indications you are getting saying that e-mail to aol is not
making it?

Have you looked at the SMTP logs? AOL is usually very good about providing
the code and reason in the reject response and usually includes a link to
their postmaster site.

Here are problems with your DNS records and e-mail receiving servers:

1. You have 6 MX records but they all point to the same IP

2. PTR record does not match the associated A record for the host.

3. Improper unmatching HELO/EHLO

4. Not accepting e-mail to abuse address.

Those 4 areas can cause e-mail delivery problems for you.

John T

eServices For You