[etni] we will have to wage our own battles, I'm afraid

  • From: Sandra Yosef-Hassidim <hassidim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 14:22:40 -0700 (PDT)

I am not sure if sending a letter to the parents is a good idea. After the last
strike I feel we shouldn't put our hopes on the parents. The press release by
Anat Kanfo is a nice show of support but she does not really represent the
parents. I also remember her being very supportive during the last strike but
her actions had no effect on the parents. They aren't united. We are alone
in our struggles. Luckily, this time the work left undone will definitetely be
felt by the people involved and it will have an impact on the whole system. At
the same time the state can't issue court orders to force us to start marking
because we don't officially work for them-yet; we haven't signed our contracts.
So "playing it cool" like we have done up to now-is a very smart strategy
in our case. After all, we are in no hurry. Would they consider cancelling the
tests and taking the year grade as the final bagrut grade(highly unlikely)-fine
with me. They will still
 have to face the problem some time-if not this moed, then the next
moedim.   Sandra