[etni] Re: re; what laurie said about school grades

  • From: "Adele Raemer and Laurie Levy" <raemer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <alshapirose@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 06:56:31 +0200

Personally, I LIKE the way we give the grades. I LIKE the fact that a kid
who does not do the work is penalized - otherwise, what are we there for? If
a kid does not do the required work, and we let the parents , system, etc.
know all along what is happening all along, there is no reason why we (and
our schools) should not stand behind a low Tziun Shnati.  Let them take the
test a year later as an external student, and be done with it!  The fact
that the school grade INCLUDES all of these other things (literature,
projects, participation, etc) is the only way they are going to be exposed
and get some experience with those wider topics (rather than just teaching
for the test, and the ONLY thing that gives us any TEETH!  Do you want to go
on eating soup for the rest of your teaching days?  I don't!

Adele