[etni] Re: re The Greatest EFL Book of Modern Times"

  • From: "Miriam Greif" <mgreif@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 18:59:27 +0200

Dear Sara and everyone,

"Communicating in English" was written by Joe Lison.  It was published in
1980 and revised in 1991.  I used it for years and never got bored.  At
first in 10th grade and then in 9th grade.  It has a lovely collection of
classic short stories and work around the stories - general comprehension
questions, vocabulary, grammar items etc.   I bet it could be used
successfully today too.  It was the first book that came to my mind when I
saw the question asking for the greatest EFL book - before I even saw the
list. I guess I wasn't the only one.

I wonder if Summit will have that impact in 20 years from now.

Miriam Greif