[etni] oral bagrut and dispensations

  • From: Iris Elish <granny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:06:16 +0200

Shalom

From what I understand, only very special students are given the
dispensation of an oral test. For those pupils who have problem writing,
there is there dispensation of הקראת תשובות השאלון   which means that the
pupil can answer directly onto a tape. If the pupil has a problem reading,
then she/he should first listen and then answer. I think that Ministry or
the English Inspectorate should be looking into the phenomenon of so many
pupils having the dispensation of doing the test orally.

The problems surrounding the whole question of dispensations have really
caused the teachers to dread the day they have to test their pupils. So what
is the solution?

Happy New Year and all the best,
Iris