[etni] Re: getting around the school grade- Bagrut

  • From: "Bari Nirenberg" <bnirenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: motti46@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 19:16:15 +0300

Ok, so I have to ask...  So what???  While they're in high school,
they can take the exam for free.  After high school, they have to pay
for it.  The overwhelming majority of kids NEED to learn English in
high school to be able to do well on the exam.  So we're doing our
jobs and teaching them English.  To be really honest, I don't care how
the kids take the exam afterwards -- with or without the school grade.
 The ones I care about are the ones who work really hard and get a
bonus for their hard work, which helps them to get a better grade than
they could have gotten alone.

The other side of the coin is teachers who give kids unfair grades
that in no way reflect what they're capable of doing or even what they
have done in class.  As a parent, I've seen this, too.

Bari