[etni] evaluating books

  • From: Dede Toledano-Efromson <dedeef@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 10:30:51 +0200

I would like to bring to the attention of all our English teachers :
Last year I registered to be among those who would evaluate new textbooks
coming out on the market here in Israel. I was accepted and attended the
preparatory session in Tel Aviv (I live in Jerusalem and went by bus).

After a few months I was to evaluate a book that was due to come out, and I did
it, spending days of work in trying to do my first job well.

I was recently paid 500 shekels for all those days of work. Please be aware
that we were told in Tel Aviv that payment would be much more. Please, do not
fall for this offer. It's not worth it at all.

Dede Toledano