[etni] Re: Yahoo mail accounts

  • From: "David Lloyd" <david@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:39:10 +0200

Hi all,

Thanks to all the people who have written me about how they set up their Yahoo account to successfully receive ETNI mail. The answer appears to be in configuring a Yahoo mail filter for ETNI mail. It appears that the mail filter overrides the spam filter.

Here are step by step instructions, as sent in by Michelle:

===============================
The way I set up my e-mail account is that I made a new folder called ETNI.
Then I went to the mail options (which is all the way on the upper right hand side of your regular e-mail inbox.)
Next I clicked on "filters" in the middle column.
and last I went to "add"
Filter name: ETNI
Subject contains: ETNI
move message to : ETNI (that was the folder that I opened up first).
Then click on add fliter.

BY doing this all of the ETNI e-mails go automatically into the ETNI folder.

There are variations to setting up this filter. Amy configured her filter with the rule -
"To line contains: etni"

You may also be able to filter the mail directly to your inbox. Instead of opening up a separate folder, simply choose -
"Move message to: inbox"
I set up a yahoo mail account to test this out, and it appears to be working.

David

** Etni homepage - http://www.etni.org or - http://www.etni.org.il **