[etni] Unseens + llistening

  • From: Renee Wahl <renew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 08:39:43 +0200

Hi,
I'm sure many of you join me in thanking Phyllis for putting up those wonderful
'unseens' on the ETNI site.  We all realize and appreciate the time and effort
that went into preparing the material and thank you for sharing it with us.
One good deed often stimulates another, so I'd like to add my list of listening
comprehension resources for those of you who would like to practice.  The first
on the list is probably the most useful because it contains a tremendous number
of listening pieces and is broken down into levels.  Some of the other links
might be outdated, but there's still plenty to do.  One or two of the very
advanced LC pieces are video interviews and the questions I prepared for them
are just below the links.  I hope this material is useful to you.  I've been
using it with my classes for the past few years and the kids appreciate the
opportunity to practice at home after one demo lesson in school.

Renee

http://www.esl-lab.com/ - a long list of listening topics with questions.
Divided into easy, medium and difficult.

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/absolutenglish-972/index.html

http://perso.orange.fr/absolutenglish-972/notes/ssm/listening.htm

http://perso.orange.fr/websidestories/Junk%20food/index1.htm

http://138.26.96.3/Joshklapow/VIDEO-DIALUP/newyearsresdialup.wmv

Questions:

            How many tips did Dr. Klapow give for keeping New Year's
Resolutions?

            What was the first part of being successful

            How long does it usually take to start failing?

            What is the cause of failure?

            Give an example of monitoring your actions.

            Dr. Klapow says that after two weeks of trying, you'll be more
successful if?.

            What does Dr.Klapow say will happen if you don't use these
strategies?

http://138.26.96.3/Joshklapow/VIDEO-DIALUP/hhstickingwithresolutiondialup.wmv

            What one out of three things doesn't Denise have in order to
succeed in her resolution?  What does Dr Klapow NOT advise Denise to do?
                        a.  Look for a partner to work out with

                        b.  Exercise for an hour 3 times a week

                        c.  Wait till the end of the month to treat herself

                        d.  Change her habits & routines

                        e.  Keep track of when she exercises

            How often does Dr. Klapow have his program on TV?

http://www.archiecomics.com/podcasts/?pq ? very easy explained comics.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/radio/specials/1557_london_extra/
   - click on the link at the bottom to hear the audio.  Answer the 3 questions
in the middle of the page.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/multimedia/london/unit1/listen1.shtml
  - short audio clips, British accent. Exercise: Drag sentences to the correct
place in dialog

http://www.tolearnenglish.com/free/audio/2g.php  - Short audio clip with
questions

http://www.englishclub.com/listening/news.htm - Short audio clips, Listening to
the news  Int-adv. Plus cloze & comprehension questions with pre listening
vocabulary review.

http://www.eslpod.com/website/index.php#  286 listening clips of a few minutes
+ vocabulary explained .  Clips can be heard, but there is a fee for the
learning guides

http://www.englishmedialab.com/beginnervideos.html- plus video

http://esl.about.com/od/listening/Beginning_Level_English_Listening_Comprehension_Exercises.htm
 - elem, requires Real Audio Player